For my birthday and since I turned Dirty 30, I thought it would be fun to share 30 things you might not know about me. So yeah… Here we go!
- I was born on Tuesday on exactly the time when the work day ends — 5 P.M. EST, hence why I am known as the person who “get more done by 5pm.“
- I was named after my father’s older sister that was killed when he was very young. It also means in Arabic “hope” or “desire.”
- I have “Chronic Resting Bitch face.” It’s a blessing and a curse. The blessing being that scientific evidence proves that CRBF “have a stronger sense of self-awareness and a better ability to communicate” than those who smile all the time. The curse is that I am always misunderstood and unapproachable. It’s a catch-22.
- I am always late! If you tell me to be at a certain place at a certain time, 9 out of 10 times, I am heading to that place at the time it starts.
- I got into politics in 2009 when I was working a part time job as a canvasser for Mayor Mike Bloomberg mayoral election. Since then, my life has revolved around politics.
- I never thought in a million years I would become a reporter or wanted a career in media. It happened unexpectedly at the same time within the first month I started grad school for public policy.
- I am not a big food person. However, I do love eating junk, fried and bar food.
- I have 11 tattoos, and 13 piercing.
- This is my favorite number. It was always my number when I played sports. I actually have this number tattooed on me. It was my first tattoo that I did as a dare from my high school soccer team.
- I am the oldest of three. My brother is the middle child and currently is in the Navy. The baby is my sister and she is an ER Doctor. If you meet me, I make a big deal of her accomplishments more than my parents do. I am so proud of her and the person she became.
- I was a tomboy growing up. I loved playing and watching sports, especially with my brother and his friends. The sports I played growing up was soccer, volleyball and softball.
- I still watch WWE every week. I love it no matter what people say about wrestling.
- I didn’t become a girly-girl obsessing with fashion and makeup until I was 23-24 years old. Since then, I refuse to leave my house without looking stylish or putting some type of makeup on. If I don’t look good or have makeup on, that means something bad has happened.
- I blame my father for my obsession with clothes. Ever since I was born, he spoiled me with endless amounts of clothes. Now I can’t stop shopping and my room is filled with clothes everywhere.
- I hate the gym and working out. My brother, when he is home from his overseas tours, is the only person that can drag me to the gym. Other than that, good luck seeing me at the gym.
- White-Chocolate mocha with 3 shots of Expresso from Starbucks is my go-to coffee drink.
- My favorite type of movies is Mafia ones. I have seen all three Godfather movies so many times I can’t keep count.
- I despise winter. My body shuts down and I can’t or don’t do much. I need the sun just to function.
- Despite being 30, I am a kid at heart. I find pure joy and happiness in playing arcade games and winning or receiving teddy bears. I have an overwhelming amount of stuffed animals in my room with a few of them I keep on my bed.
- I hate receiving flowers as a gift because honestly, I think they are a waste of money. I do think flowers are pretty and I love taking pictures of them, but what’s the point of having something pretty that will die in a few days?
- I always have real or fake nails, either professionally wrapped to prevent breakage, or acrylic tips. Without nails, I can’t type fast if life depended on it.
- The reason why I am always wearing sunglasses all year round is due to my left eye being very sensitive to the sunlight and wind. Without sunglasses, my left eye tears up, making it harder for me to see anything.
- I collect shot glasses and lapel pins. If anyone I know goes on vacation, I always ask them to bring me either one or both. The obsession is real.
- My favorite TV shows is and will always be Gossip Girl and One Tree Hill. I can watch these shows all day, every day.
- I love to sleep. Even though I only sleep 3-4 hours on the weekdays and Saturdays, I catch up on all my sleep on Sundays by sleeping 10-14 hours. If I don’t catch up on Sundays, it affects my work week.
- I am a curious person and I love learning new things. It’s the nerd in me.
- I am the most productive at night. I do my best work at hours when normal people are sleeping.
- I am a huge animal person. I love going to the zoo when I can and I cry when I see animals being abused or sad.
- I never had a pet animal growing up. I tried once by bringing home a kitten that I found and my parents gave it away to my neighbor the next day.
- This quote describes me in a nutshell — “Out of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.”
30 is going to be a spectacular year for me and I hope to accomplish many goals I couldn’t do in my 20s.
Let me know a random or weird fact about you. Feel free to comment below!
Shop similar birthday look on the widget below 🙂